Problem with Gallery and videoplayer

P
P.
User
Hello dear Samsung users, I have a problem when I want to open a video in my gallery I am redirected to the video player and have no choice but to watch it on the video player. But I want to watch my videos in the gallery app because I want to I don't think the video player is suitable for my purposes and the gallery is perfect for it. Out of nowhere it stopped working even though I didn't even touch my phone otherwise it has always worked for a year, thanks for listening

K
Kim
Hey,

Diese Lösungen und Anleitungen können dich bei der Umsetzung unterstützen:
  • Tonaussetzer beim Samsung TV: So lösen Sie das Problem

Tonaussetzer beim Samsung TV: So lösen Sie das ProblemWenn es bei Ihrem Samsung-Fernseher zu Tonunterbrechungen kommt, liegt das meist an einem schwachen Signal. Es kommt darauf an, welche Signalquelle Sie verwenden. In dieser Anleitung erfahren Sie, wie Sie das Problem mit dem integrierten Tuner des Fernsehers und einem externen Empfänger beheben können.
The video player doesn't work on my S23Ultra, cannot even install it with A14.

I can't remember if it was possible to remove that video player. If you don't use it, maybe disable it.

Also ich kann Vodeos ohne Probleme direkt aus der Gallerie abspielen. Samsung Galaxy A52, Android 13

Now , I grabbed my s22Ultra, it works as expected.

Did this happen after some software update ?

A friend of mine has the same cell phone as me and it works. I think it's a bug

Well you cannot , and you should not.

You could try to clean the Gallery Cache , also try to wipe the Cache partition.

The real Samsung Video player app - at least in the past - had more features than gallery built-in video player.
Maybe this depends on video typ / codec, i.e. if gallery player can't handle it, it opens the real one. Try to shoot a video with camera app and look how gallery deals with it. Should open in gallery built-in