Samsung S24 Ultra Camera doesn't actually take "RAW" pictures.

K
K.
User
I was super excited when my S24Ultra arrived. It feels luxurious, but quite big for my smaller hands but that's alright. 
It has many functions that are amazing and the AI functions are crazy and impressive. What really disappointed me was the camera. I had very HIGH expectations for this one, since the price is also high.

Unfortunately, like many others, the pictures that i have taken in the normal camera AND on the RAW Camera, do have a post-process editing. Which is really sad. Because the pictures do look amazing 3 seconds before the Post-Process Edits kick in :((

I tried everything so the pictures look exactly the same like the screen, like before I actually take a picture.

But nothing really helped. I tried shutting the scene optimizer off, the gallery settings didn't have the the Super HDR anymore, so I couldn't really shut that on/off. I downloaded the Camera Assistance App.. also didn't really do anything. The Portrait Mode kinda looks off to be honest. If you take a portrait of a person with long and curly hair and zoom in, you can see that some of the curls get blurry too.. that's not great for a phone that promises high quality pictures. 

The picture sadly stays overexposed, oversaturated and does not look natural. 

For nature sceneries, that's fine but taking pictures of people, animals It does look "fake". the older Samsungs (A-Series) were slightly similar like the rivalry iPhones (color wise)

I kinda hope that it is something related to the software and that the future will give us an perfect update for it. 

Or did anyone find a good solution for the S24 Ultra?

Thinking about sending this one back, tho it would be such a shame because the phone does have other amazing features. 

K
Kim
Hey,

Praktische Ratschläge und Lösungen zu deinem Problem:
  • Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra wird ein Meisterwerk sein, hier ist das erste Konzept

Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra wird ein Meisterwerk sein, hier ist das erste KonzeptHallo, Leute! Samsung ist jetzt wieder auf dem richtigen Weg mit der Veröffentlichung von Software-Updates, aber, es ist auch still und leise arbeiten an der nächsten Generation faltbare Smartphones. Die Galaxy S23-Serie wurde vorgestellt, das One UI 5.1-Update wurde veröffentlicht und das Galaxy Z Fold 5 sowie das Flip 5 haben sich der Gerüchteküche angeschlossen. Folgen Sie unseren sozialen Netzwerken → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook Keeping [...]
  • Expert RAW-App nutzen

Expert RAW-App nutzenIn dieser FAQ findest du eine Anleitung für die Aufnahme von Astrofotos und Mehrfachbelichtungen mit der Expert RAW App sowie einige hilfreiche Tipps.
  • Das Galaxy S24 wird sieben Jahre lang Android- und One UI-Updates erhalten!

Das Galaxy S24 wird sieben Jahre lang Android- und One UI-Updates erhalten!Samsung hat bestätigt, dass die Galaxy S24-Serie im Rahmen der Nachhaltigkeitsbemühungen des Unternehmens sieben Jahre lang Software-Updates erhalten wird.
  • Samsung One UI 5.1 Geeignete Geräte, Erscheinungsdatum, Funktionen und aktuelle Nachrichten

Samsung One UI 5.1 Geeignete Geräte, Erscheinungsdatum, Funktionen und aktuelle NachrichtenDie Galaxy S23-Serie wird wahrscheinlich die nächste stabile Iteration des One UI-Betriebssystems einführen. Nach der Einführung der One UI 5.1 mit seinem nächsten Flaggschiff-Lineup, Samsung würde es auf einige ältere Galaxy-Geräte wie Galaxy S21, Note 20 und S20, und faltbare liefern. Ähnlich wie One UI 5.0 wird auch das kommende [...]
Open the camera app
Go to more click on expert raw
In this app you can take raw fotos
If its not enabled go the the settings there

Yes, but he is right.

The RAW pictures have post-processing to some extend too.

It looks to me like a software issue. Right now, you cannot even use all the features of Expert RAW.

You can ask Support about this issue. This is just a user forum, Samsung developers are not active here.

Cammera Settings
Intelligent features
Advanced intelligence options
Quality optimisation
Set it to minimum

First of all, this doesn’t work (it seems like you don’t test your own advice). Even if it worked, sacrificing quality is an even worse workaround.

Obviously, a RAW picture should not be post-processed.

Ja habe ich gerade selber ausprobiert bringt garnicht die Intelligenz zu minimieren und die szenen auszuschalten nild wir trotzdem überarbeitet

I already did that. Even RAW pictures get automatically edited.. which kinda takes away the idea and meaning of raw pictures

Thank you! It's my first time using the Members App.
I know that I can contact samsung for that.. Just wanted to see if I was the only one that is having this "issue" overall it's a great phone. It's just this small thing that threw me off...

Ja.. es ist echt blöd. Das Bild sieht trotzdem gut aus aber für jemand der gerne fotos macht und auch selfies, nervt dieses Übersättigte und automatische Überarbeitung schon sehr. Habe mich entschieden, das handy trotzdem zu behalten, da es seeehr viele coole funktionen hat, die ich gerade herausgefunden habe