How to update chinese TVs UA40KUF30E and UA65HU9800JXXZ to an international version, preferred ...

T
T.
User
UA40KU (T-JZL6DCNC)-> identical to UE40KU (T-JZL6DEUC)
UA65HU9800JXXZ -> same like UE65HU7590LXZG
In the Chinese version many functions are missing, the web browser is forbidden, apps like youtube are not even available.
In the past all this was no problem. One connected the TV to a router that supported VPN. After a reset you could set the country of your choice as region and you had all apps.
In the new releases this is unfortunately no longer possible.
Only the installation via USB remains, which does NOT work in both TVs.
For example I downloaded the image T-JZL6DEUC and renamed the directory to T-JZL6DCNC. But after restarting the TV no system to install is recognized on the USB stick.
Neither TV has an entry "Update -> via USB" in the system menu.
I don't know what to do and am grateful for any hint.

K
Kim
Hey,

Diese Lösungen und Anleitungen können dich bei der Umsetzung unterstützen:
Thats unfortunatley not possible. You cannot install Firmwares from other countries to a tv from Different region. At least you cant do it officially. Otherwise you can risk permanet demage to your tv. I dont know if there is an inofficial way to make it. But since it is here an official Forum from Samsung you wont find hany "hacks" here.

Hello L: @TomChina ,
you are living in Germany now? Then you can contact the remote support service. They can enter in some hidden settings and change the region. No need to do a firmware update. Then after doing factory reset, it should show you the select menu for Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
Remote-Service | Samsung Deutschland