Galaxy S7 no VoLTE with German reseller Congstar - Carrier config update needed

R
r.
User
The German reseller "Congstar" is a subsidiary of the largest carrier "Telekom" and uses their network. Telekom activated VoLTE several years ago. Congstar only did so last year, as 3G is going to be shut down on 06/30/21.
The Galaxy S7 works beautifully with VoLTE on the Telekom network but not on Congstar. As both are essentially the same network their should not be any technical reason for this behavior. Apparently the S7 firmware has an outdated carrier configuration for Congstar which disables VoLTE for their Carrier ID.
Please push an update for this carrier configuration file. Otherwise the S7 will need to fall back to 2G phone calls from 07/01/21. This would be an annoying downgrade for an otherwise still very usable phone.

K
Kim
Hey,

Praktische Ratschläge und Lösungen zu deinem Problem:
Beim S7 ist VOLTE seit dem letzten Sicherheitspatch im Herbst letzten Jahres nicht mehr verfügbar. Darauf kann keiner von uns mehr zugreifen. Kontaktiere doch Samsung, vielleicht kannst Du da ja dort etwas erreichen.

Similar threads

N
Hello, I will write in english it will be easeir for everyone. Almost one month ago I bought this phone, and so far I encountered following problems with it: Front and back cameras got huge problems with focusing, especially front one. Front camera cant focus at all, its forced to keep...
Antworten
Aufrufe
M
K
Hello! It seems that on the Tab S8 (LCD panel) the implementation of the eye comfort shield simply overlays a orange image on top of the screen buffer. This implementation is stupid because dark areas / black colors will become a brownish color and a lot of contrast is lost. The correct way is...
Antworten
Aufrufe
K
M
I am trying to use my Galaxy Tab S7 as a learning platform with the SKOOVE app, connected to my e-Piano (Roland FP-30X) through a new USB-cable (connecting the USB-Host socket on the e-Piano with the USB-C socket on the tablet). Unfortunately, the MIDI-connection does not seem to function...
Antworten
Aufrufe
M
R
Servus My wife just got a Flip4 and we sadly find out that phone is unable to see the Wi-Fi 6e only home network. The shopping expert on samsung.com/de chat, advised that it should be able to connect while it is supporting HE160. Even though the phone was just started for the first time, I still...
Antworten
Aufrufe
R
R
I got the following issues with the S23Ultra camera app, but it wont do much good if I'm the only person requesting, so if you find my proposals useful, maybe drop them an email too. 1: Autofocus in Pro Mode seems unreliable, I had my phone on a stand then stepping in front of it and the AF...
Antworten
Aufrufe
R
Zurück
Oben