Watch OS for older Galaxy Watches

W
W.
User
Hello Samsung Community, Does anyone of you know whether the old watches like Active 2 and Watch 3 will also get the new Wear OS or whether they will stay on Tizen?And will they then get updates or not ?

K
Kim
Hey,

Folgende Anleitungen sind nützlich und könnten dir bei der Bewältigung des Problems helfen:
I think the Galaxy watch 3 will still have tizen but maybe some Updates

Is it really sure that they will get Watch OS? If yes i dont think they will get it.

I think that at least for the Watch 3 Wear OS will come because otherwise Google would not have announced it yesterday with the merger of Tyzen and Wear OS so why not

Statement from Samsung
Continued Commitment to Existing Galaxy Smartwatch Users
At Samsung, we always put customers at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we are committed to bringing them the best possible smartwatch experiences. For customers who already own the Tizen OS based Galaxy smartwatches, we are continuing to provide at least three years of software support after the product launch.
https://www.samsungmobilepress.com/featurestories/editorial-a-new-era-of-smartwatch-innovation-start...

However, they don't say that there will be no wear for these watches, they just say that all Tizen watches will receive 3 years of software support, whether that's tizen or wear, they don't say.

Samsung will be absolutely busy to start Wear OS for the next Watch. And then bugfix after market kickoff. It's nonsense to believe they will add the adventure to port Wear OS to older models. I'd be risky and stupid.