USB-C Charging Issue

J
j.
User
Hello,

since two weeks I’m not able to charge my phone via an USB-C charger. If I charge it via normal USB it works - but slow.

I thought the issue comes from the USB connector module, but after replacing it I still face the same issue.

Basically, any charging device with USB-C exit does not work, only the old ones with USB (fixed 5V).

Any ideas what could be the issue?

Also, sometimes I get the waring that charging stopped because of overheat – although this message comes directly after connecting it, and it is definitely not hot.

(Phone is up to date with all updates)

BR

K
Kim
Hey,

Diese Lösungen und Anleitungen bieten praktische Hilfestellungen und Tipps:
    Hi, sounds like you have a big hardware problem. Or you use the wrong USB charging device, is it the stock one?
    Have you try to reset the phone completely, to take out that this maybe a software issues?
    I'm not sure but I remember in the past same problems with overheating, that is coming from a damaging of the processors who cares the batterie cells. It's like a safety system, it can be after a hard reset and wipe cache partition cleaning, that the normal regulators will work again. Hope you can get a good solution after. Good luck.

Did your phone come with an original USB charger for your device?
    Does charging with such original charger work?
    At which level of battery charge are you making your observations?
    Did you change the configuration for charging or did you keep the default configuration?

I don't know which model you have. And I never had a Samsung device of any S-series. I've a model of an A-series, probably almost as old as your unnamed model. So my configuration options may be more limited than yours. I used default configuration for a long time. Only recently, I activated a protection option to limit charging up to 85%. Some more months ago, I replaced the cable for charging, but continue to use the original charging device. The original cable had a problematic form. That form made it more critical for break of isolation and cable, especially close to the most vulnerable location of the cable. At least several isolations were breaking at expected location. So now I've less issues as the new 3rd party cable of conventional form is working more reliably and without such mechanical vulnerability.

If you want to use a 3rd party charger, you've to check for compatibility. Notes on the original charger may help finding good candidates. An incomatible one may be limited to slow charging, if charging at all.

Hello,

thanks for your response!

I’m using the charger which came with the phone, also I tried different cables and charges. With the Galaxy S21 of my friend everything works fine. So my phone is the issue.

I don’t think it is true overheating. This warning comes only from time to time right after connecting. I rather think it is a broken sensor, connection or SW issue.

After disconnecting and connection it works again.

But as I said, it only charges using an 5V charger (or power bank). And using that it takes around 6h to charge.

I will try a reset, although it is a pain in the ass *::face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

BR

Hello,

thanks for your response!

It’s a Galaxy S20 5G

I’m using the charger which came with the phone, also I tried different cables and charges. With the Galaxy S21 of my friend everything works fine. So, my phone is the issue.

The issue comes at any level of battery.

All settings are at default regarding the charging options (everything is activated).

BR