The Frame 43" - Unstable networking

A
A.
User
Hi, I am an artist producing artworks involving a computer and a vertical The Frame display.
To make my art installation nicer for the end user, I want that the only user interaction is one touch on the computer power button.
The computer turns on, sends a WakeOnLan signal to the TV which turns on, the show runs for 2 hours, then the computer sends a shutdown message to The Frame using GitHub - xchwarze/samsung-tv-ws-api: Samsung Smart TV WS API wrapper and when it detects the TV is off, the computer shuts itself down.
My problem is that the network connectivity between the computer and the TV is unreliable.
I tried with ethernet, setting a static IP for both the computer and the TV and connecting them with a single cable. I could then see that the ethernet connection would randomly turn on and off, or the TV would show it had no IP address. The TV would then fail to start and / or shutdown.
I also tried with WiFi, both TV and computer connected to the same router with dynamic IP addresses. The TV would often also fail to react to the WakeOnLan message, and fail to shut down as well.
Is this a known issue with any version of The Frame? Can a system upgrade fix this? How can I reliably turn the TV on and off from the computer?
Thank you *::smiling-face:

K
Kim
Hey,

Ich empfehle dir, diese Artikel genauer unter die Lupe zu nehmen:
    Wäre es nicht sinnvoller diese Frage einem Fachmann zu stellen der sich mit den Geräten auskennt? Hier ist ein User helfen Usern Forum.

Danke L: @Barney0w , weißt du wo ich könnte das fragen?

Similar threads

F
    Hello to everyone. short and simple. I have bought the Samsung Crystal UHD 4K TV 55 Inch (GU55AU7179UXZG). It works well, I can also connect with my phone without a problem. The TV is connected to wireless. the problem is: if I turn on the TV back and forth I just hear the tone, but not the...
    Antworten
    Aufrufe
    S
    G
    the picture on my tv randomly darkens when playing video games on the pc, if I then go to the settings in dimming from low to standard the brightness is back to normal - I know that was an old problem but with me it is only since the new update before I never had it. and it also happens in...
    Antworten
    Aufrufe
    S
    R
    Hello. I have a UK QN94A as I am from the UK. I have a problem with the TV and I'm on FW 1903. I don't know who to tell my problem to. My issue only happens in Movie mode / Filmmaker mode... After switching to the Nvidea Geforce driver-update web-page on the browser on my PC (which is a...
    Antworten
    Aufrufe
    R
    W
    Hi I am asking here, because I dont know where to ask anymore. I have run against an invisible wall of the german support. Here is my story. My 65JS9580 developed a dark spot in the panel and also sometimes was not able to turn on anymore unless I pulled the plug for a short period of time. No...
    Antworten
    Aufrufe
    W
    T
    UA40KU (T-JZL6DCNC)-> identical to UE40KU (T-JZL6DEUC) UA65HU9800JXXZ -> same like UE65HU7590LXZG In the Chinese version many functions are missing, the web browser is forbidden, apps like youtube are not even available. In the past all this was no problem. One connected the TV to a router...
    Antworten
    Aufrufe
    S
    Zurück
    Oben