Difference between English (UK) and English (German)

R
R.
User
In the settings I have the option to use English from different cuntries. I'm a german and I'm curious if there is a difference between English from the UK and the German version?

K
Kim
Hey,

Diese Lösungen und Anleitungen können dir bei der Problemlösung behilflich sein:
    UK English is a native variety of English while Germanic English is a non-native variety of English. English and Germanic belong to the same language family sub group. Languages such as welsh, Scottish, Irish etc., belong to the same language group. All these languages are known as siblings. Auf good old German, das kann Dir aber nur ein Sprachforscher auseinanderklamüseln.
    Example:
    Color is the spelling used in the United States. Colour is used in other English-speaking countries.
    Da fangen die Unterschiede schon an.
    Deshalb lasse nie einen Briten ein amerikanisches Schriftstück Korrektur lesen und umgekehrt. Als Germane ist man da erst recht überfordert.

Similar threads

B
    Hi friends. Sorry for writing in English because my German is not that much good. I have a emergency problem with a Galaxy S10 cell phone. I hope that this is the right place for askig the question. I'm buying a second hand phone (which is actually is new and the owner got it as an contract...
    Antworten
    Aufrufe
    J
    B
    Tv
    I'm living in germany and I want to watch samsung tv plus in english how can I change my language settings on the tv to English and does that mean the movies will play in english. 5947624
    Antworten
    Aufrufe
    B
    M
    German (Google Translate, sorry): Ich kaufte mein Galaxy S8 am 27. September. Immer wenn ich mein Ladegerät anschließe (original Samsung "Adaptive Fast Charging") schaltet der Stutus des Gerätes zwischen Aufladen und Nichtladen alle paar Sekunden um. Ich muss das Ladegerät mehrfach trennen und...
    Antworten
    Aufrufe
    U
    M
    I'm using a Galaxy Watch and Samsung Health to track my sport activities. Every morning I'm driving with my bike to my workplace. It appears, that the difference between the burned calories of the manually set training to the auto detected training is really high. So if I start the bicycle...
    Antworten
    Aufrufe
    B
    M
    I bought a Samsung a9 in Berlin and I want to use it in Argentina with sim from Argentina and it does not allow me. Request a pin and puk code different from the telephone company 1125423
    Antworten
    Aufrufe
    I
    Zurück
    Oben