970 EVO Plus running hot

T
T.
User
I have transferred my EVO to a new notebook and since the SSD runs extreme hot >70c at times and then it takes ages for it cool down. That in turn heats the new notebook also up beyond normal temperatures. Any ideas, help is appreciated.

K
Kim
Hey,

Das sollte dir weiterhelfen:
    Hello L: @Thoma5,
    That really doesn't sound too good. Please contact our SSD experts from the telephone support. They will help you from Monday to Friday between 08:00 and 17:00 under the phone number 06196 77 555 77.
    Kind regards,

Nathan,
    thanks for getting back to me, I have been in touch with them already. It seems operating temperatures of up to 85c are normal/acceptable.
    Which is OK I guess, just not in a laptop/notebook where CPU and GPU also run under load pretty hot. I have tested some other SSDs and they run way cooler, I do not understand why but it is so. Also it seems that the start-up temperature is by the Samsung drives already 10c higher.
    But there you go, thats life.
    Cheers Thomas

Similar threads

W
    Hello everyone, i got my Galaxybook3 Ultra (i9, 32GB, 4070) yesterday and i really like the display and build quality. However i have a problem with the performance. I always use it with the original charger or at my build-in Docking-Station of my external monitor (100W Power delivery). All...
    Antworten
    Aufrufe
    W
    M
    Hast du Erfahrungen oder Probleme mit der Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, M.2 (MZ-V7S1T0BW), die du teilen möchtest? Würdest du die SSD weiterempfehlen? Samsung+SSD+970+EVO+Plus+1TB%2C+M.2 Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, M.2 (MZ-V7S1T0BW) Spezifikationen: Bauform: Solid State Module...
    Antworten
    Aufrufe
    M
    M
    Hast du Erfahrungen oder Probleme mit der Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB, M.2 (MZ-V7S500BW), die du teilen möchtest? Würdest du die SSD weiterempfehlen? Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB, M.2 (MZ-V7S500BW) Spezifikationen: Bauform: Solid State Module (SSM) Formfaktor: M.2 2280...
    Antworten
    Aufrufe
    M
    M
    Hast du Erfahrungen oder Probleme mit der Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB, M.2 (MZ-V7E500BW), die du teilen möchtest? Würdest du die SSD weiterempfehlen? Samsung+SSD+970+EVO+500GB%2C+M.2 Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB, M.2 (MZ-V7E500BW) Spezifikationen: Bauform: Solid State Module (SSM)...
    Antworten
    Aufrufe
    M
    J
    Hello, since two weeks I’m not able to charge my phone via an USB-C charger. If I charge it via normal USB it works - but slow. I thought the issue comes from the USB connector module, but after replacing it I still face the same issue. Basically, any charging device with USB-C exit does not...
    Antworten
    Aufrufe
    J
    Zurück
    Oben