Underperforming Galaxy Book3 Ultra

W
W.
User
Hello everyone,
i got my Galaxybook3 Ultra (i9, 32GB, 4070) yesterday and i really like the display and build quality.
However i have a problem with the performance. I always use it with the original charger or at my build-in Docking-Station of my external monitor (100W Power delivery). All available updates and drivers are installed.
Thing is that the i9 never draws more than about 35 Watts, no matter the scenario. The windows power profile is set to high performance and so is the setting in the Samsung-App. The 4070 is also underperforming with a highest power draw of 50 watts.
Geekbench 6 results are always around 1.900 single-core, 9.000 multi-core, 90.000 opengl.
Also it seems to be running quiet hot . Even at idle (right now i am only posting at reddit) it sits at 85° with a medium of 73° (Hwinfo).
To me it feels like there is something holding it back and auto-throtteling, like if it was unplugged.
Did i miss any important settings? Is there anything i can do about it?
Thank you for your help!

K
Kim
Hey,

Wenn du nach bewährten Lösungen und Anleitungen suchst, sind diese Artikel empfehlenswert:
  • MacBook mit Samsung TV verbinden - so geht's

MacBook mit Samsung TV verbinden - so geht'sIn dieser Anleitung wird beschrieben, wie man ein MacBook mit einem Samsung-Fernseher verbindet, so dass der größere Fernsehbildschirm z. B. zum Ansehen von Filmen oder für Präsentationen genutzt werden kann.
  • Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra wird ein Meisterwerk sein, hier ist das erste Konzept

Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra wird ein Meisterwerk sein, hier ist das erste KonzeptHallo, Leute! Samsung ist jetzt wieder auf dem richtigen Weg mit der Veröffentlichung von Software-Updates, aber, es ist auch still und leise arbeiten an der nächsten Generation faltbare Smartphones. Die Galaxy S23-Serie wurde vorgestellt, das One UI 5.1-Update wurde veröffentlicht und das Galaxy Z Fold 5 sowie das Flip 5 haben sich der Gerüchteküche angeschlossen. Folgen Sie unseren sozialen Netzwerken → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook Keeping [...]
  • So verwendest du deinen Galaxy SmartTag

So verwendest du deinen Galaxy SmartTagIn dieser FAQ erfährst du, wie der Galaxy SmartTag dir bei der Suche nach einem verlegten oder verloren gegangenen Gegenstand helfen kann.
  • Samsung Galaxy S22 vs iPhone 14: Was sollten Sie kaufen?

Samsung Galaxy S22 vs iPhone 14: Was sollten Sie kaufen?Haben Sie die Qual der Wahl zwischen Samsung und Apple? In diesem Vergleich zwischen dem Samsung Galaxy S22 und dem iPhone 14 sehen Sie, wie sich die beiden 2022-Handys schlagen.
Hi L: @Wesstan. *m:270c.png*

I also have the Galaxy Book3 Ultra i9-13900H/ RTX4070/ 32GB for some time. As I could see from your description, you changed the performance settings of Windows itself and also adjusted the performance for you in the Samsung Settings app.

Windows controls performance via software and the Samsung Settings app controls performance via hardware. So you have two competing controls that can influence and affect each other. Based on my experience, I can say that the best way to regulate the performance of the Galaxy Books is via the Samsung Settings app.

Another point can be your external power supply via HUB. The Galaxy Book3 Ultra has intelligent charging control, controlling the charge and the external power supply. When an external charger is connected, the Galaxy Book's charging control communicates with the charger and regulates the charging and power supply of the Galaxy Book.

However, this intelligent charging control only works with the original Samsung charger. This can also lead to problems, as can the use of external multiport adapters.

Some time ago another user had significant problems with an external adapter.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/notebooks-ssd-it/quot-bios-recovery-quot-gefollowed-von-quot-ec-...

Using an external monitor can also affect performance. The built-in RTX 4070 is optimized for using the internal 16' display. A connected external monitor changes the performance profile. The resolution and refresh rate play a role here.

Have you installed the latest NVIDIA driver via the GeForce Experience app?

Do you also have performance problems when you use the internal display without an external monitor connected and only with an original Samsung charger?

Here in my profile you will find some of my posts on the subject of Galaxy Book.

Maybe also interesting for you. *m:1f60a.png*

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/notebooks-ssd-it/samsung-book-3-ultra-erste-benchmarks-und-ökosy...

Hi, thank you for your reply and the time you took.
Unfortunately the problems also occur while plugged in with the original charger and without using an external display. 
All latest drivers are installed.
It seems like both - CPU and GPU always use their Base-TDP but never boost.